Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Swancon

If you have followed this blog for some years you'll know about Swancon. This is a speculative fiction convention run under the auspices of WASFF (the Western Australian Science Fiction Foundation) in Perth. It's usually held over the Easter long weekend and has taken place since 1976 making it the longest running convention of its kind in Australia. Swancon is for anyone interested in science fiction and fantasy, whether they are writers, readers or gamers. It's not something I want to miss - but sometimes real life gets in the way as it did this year. Pisces has been sick and since I can't drive at the moment due to my knee problems - and to be honest I didn't really want to abandon him in his misery while I swanned around (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) - I couldn't get there. I was not a happy little camper.


But all is not lost. My friend, author, editor and reviewer, Satima Flavell, did go and has blogged about her experience here. She obviously had a great time and, if you are interested in things speculative, as a writer, reader or a gamer, and are likely to be in Perth at Easter next year I do recommend Swancon. It's a great way to catch up with folk with similar interests. The website for Swancon 42 is here if you'd like to check it out.

No comments: