Sunday, July 27, 2014

Catching Up and Even More Linkage

I've just had one of those times when I've been unwell - nothing serious but enough to sap me of most of my energy - so I've been a bit slack on blogging and much else. All I've been doing is the bare essentials so while I try to get a bit of enthusiasm for any of the stuff I should be doing I give you some linkage.

First something heartwarming - and I should warn you that it made me cry but in a good way.

The next link came up on my Facebook newsfeed and was presented as something we should look at as heartwarming. Instead it made me shudder and was all the more disturbing as I'd just been talking to a dog behaviourist who had explained exactly why this sort of behaviour, which I'd always seen as risky, is both dangerous and irresponsible. I love dogs and have always shared my life with them but putting babies and toddlers in these sorts of situations with dogs frankly terrifies me. How anyone could watch the first part of the video where an aggressive dog - yes, I know it's small but that doesn't stop it being aggressive - continually harasses a plainly frightened baby without intervening and find it amusing I cannot understand. See what you think here.

On a lighter note this  and this made me laugh. I hope they do the same for you.

No comments: