Saturday, September 10, 2011

At Home With Julia

For me this so-called sit com on ABC television is just wrong. It's nothing to do with politics and nothing to do with humour. I'd be just as offended if it was Tony Abbott and his wife and for the same reason. Family members and partners of politicians (or any other person in the public eye for that matter) should be entitled to have their privacy respected and to be treated with respect. They are not public figures except by connection so they should not be the butt of misguided jokes. I was already uneasy when I saw the promos but it only got worse. The targeting of the Prime Minister's partner is not political satire. It is insulting and disrespectful.

2 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

I refused to watch it. Lampooning people, especially live ones, is in Very Poor Taste.

Helen V. said...

I only saw a few minutes because someone else had it on and I was doing something in the room. I have no intention of watching even that much of it again either.