Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I've been...

Well nowhere really. There's been a lot of distractions mixed with a fair amount of pain that I didn't necessarily want to share at the time. The fact is this last bit of surgery has taken a lot longer than I anticipated to get over and has now caused a bundle of other body parts to go out in sympathy. Walking has been challenging, sitting is limited and very uncomfortable and lying down is down right painful. So I've been spending my days lurching from one uncomfortable or painful situation to the next. Every now and then I get fed up and do something silly like pulling the excess of the rioting nasturtiums out of a patch of garden. That, of course, puts me back a few more days.

The house is a mess with painting equipment and boxes and - well you can imagine what a whole house prepared for painting looks like - and has been like that for longer than I want to think about. The painting had to stop when both my hips decided they were being ignored and put on tantrums of their own making climbing ladders impossible. And, just because it can, some sort of bug has mow attacked both Pisces and me leaving us drained and struggling to do the essentials.

So please forgive the lack of blogging. Normal services will resume as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

It never rains but it pours, eh? I hope things take an upswing for you both, and that right soon!

Helen V. said...

Thanks, Satima.

Laura E. Goodin said...

Yikes! Thinking of you....

-- L

Helen V. said...

Thanks, Laura.