Sunday, January 20, 2008

Planting , planting , planting madly

My garden has been depressing me. Usually I have an flourishing flowerbed outside the family room door, well-mulched shrubs and bulbs flowering and fruiting in the rest of the garden and the vegetable garden supplying us with about half our needs. However, I have discovered an interesting fact this summer - if you spend all your time on the computer because you have to meet some important deadlines, something has to give. In this case it was the garden. Other essentials have to be done so it seemed the easiest route. Another interesting fact though - if my garden is a mess, I'm not happy and if I'm not happy then my writing is less successful. Is that a resounding chorus of "Duh!" I hear?
So I'm about to address the problem, bad back, creaking joints and all. We will have order. We will have flowers, fruit and vegetables. We will plant. Today.

No comments: