Saturday, June 23, 2007

Revising and rewriting

I've just saved today's work onto a couple of memory sticks. The current word count for my rewritten and edited chapters (give or take a few bits I have yet to extract like choosing between alternative chapter headings) is 116,333.
I estimate I have about another 20,000 to go. (It has to be an estimate because as I rewrite whole sections get discarded but others expand. Boy do they expand!) In the process I have found some minor plot flaws and fixed them and generally tidied up. Of the remaining chapters one has already been fairly well edited and the remaining four need a lot of attention. But I'm so near the end now that I can almost believe I am going to make it by my self-imposed deadline.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Laura E. Goodin said...

Yowie! That's a very, very big bucket o' words!! I'm deeply impressed.

Helen V. said...

I'm quite amazed myself, Laura.

Satima Flavell said...

Woo-hoo Helen! I'm looking forward to reading all those words.

Helen V. said...

My biggest worry now is that they won't be worth reading. I've been so close to it for so long I've lost perspective.

Laura E. Goodin said...

I feel like that ALL the TIME. I just have to have enough hubris to say, "It's shit! Ta-dah!"