Monday, February 05, 2007

The Best Laid Plans...

I've spent most of the weekend tucked up in bed with "Clarion Flu." This is a nasty little bug that has just about wiped out our apartment. Kind souls have offered soup and sympathy but painkillers have been even more use. And sleep. The only thing you want to do is sleep and then the thumping headache wakes you up, you take more painkillers and go to sleep again. While I'm writing this I'm trying to decide if I can last out the crit session this morning and, as I feel worse by the minute, perhaps not.
At least I've done my crits so I can hand them on to the writers.

2 comments:

Satima Flavell said...

Oh, damn, Helen! Get well soon 'cos you don't want to waste this last precious bit of learning time.

Thinking of you:-)

Helen V. said...

Thanks, Satima. It's spreading like a plague I guess because we are living so closely together. It's a pity because our tutor this week is Margo Lanagan and we're not going to get the most out of her or ourselves.