Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Funeral Reflections

Who would have guessed how difficult it is to arrange a time for a funeral.

As a result I've talked to the family about how I feel about my own to make things easier for Virgo when the time comes. She wants a list of everything so she knows and can make decisions without having to consult with everyone and I'll try to get Pisces to make one too. Funerals, in my opinion, should be organised less for the departed and more as a way for the living to say goodbye so we don't want to be too prescriptive. The idea is to make things simpler for our children, not tie them down with no room to move. All I really ask is to be put to rest with dignity and respect and in accordance with my beliefs and if I go before Pisces I know he, Virgo and Saggitarius will do that.

We have all been suddenly reminded of our mortality. There's nothing like sitting in a room for hours with a dead body waiting for an undertaker to bring that home to you.

No comments: